Although we are waiting for the government to announce when we will be able to start making Coastguard Cottage available for rental and what restrictions/ guidance they give, we have started taking bookings from the 5th July.
In the case of national or local restrictions being put in place which result in us having to the cancel a booking, any monies paid will be refunded.
In the case of national or local restrictions being put in place which result in us having to the cut short a booking, the client will be refunded the proportion of the monies paid (based on the number of nights already stayed). Please note that the extra COVID-19 cleaning supplement (£100) will not be refunded.
Where a client cancels a booking, we will endeavour to resell that booking period and refund the client with any monies recovered.
Your safety and the safety of our staff is paramount, below are some of the guidance we expect to be putting into place to ensure that you have a safe enjoyable holiday:
- Cleaners should not work at all if they have symptoms of COVID-19 irrespective of whether they have been tested or not.
- Cleaners should wear masks as it’s possible that they are contagious but not experiencing symptoms.
- They should wear safety glasses, shoe covers, gloves and avoid touching any uncleaned surfaces then touching their face.
- They should wash their hands immediately on arrival (following the correct procedure for handwashing) and immediately after gloves are removed. If that’s not possible, use a hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
- Keep a gap between check-outs and check-ins during the pandemic to provide ample time to properly clean and disinfect all areas.
- Don’t just sanitise – clean first then sanitise. It’s better to first clean the area with warm soapy water and then apply disinfectant (let it stand for a few minutes before wiping) to kill viruses, bacteria, and germs.
- Allow fresh air to circulate the property during the entire cleaning process.
- Use disposable cloths or paper towels when possible or machine-wash reusable cloths at the highest heat setting appropriate after use.
- When items cannot be cleaned using detergents e.g. upholstered furniture, steam clean or use an anti-viral spray.
- Remove decorative scatter cushions or cover with washable covers.
- Laundry – machine washed at 60°C all linens, blankets, throws and towels (even unused ones as guests may have touched them).
- No guest should stay if they have symptoms of COVID-19, irrespective of whether they have been tested or not.
- Guests should adhere to the COVID-19 restrictions that are in place at the time.